Before adding and sharing your Fraud Alert please check to see if a similar alert has already been posted, thank you:


R340 Million recovered through Corruption Hotline

Fraud Alert:

Public Service and Administration Minister Ngoako Ramatlhodi says the successful investigation of cases of alleged corruption reported to the National Anti-Corruption Hotline (NACH) has resulted in the recovery of R340 million from perpetrators.

Addressing the media in Pretoria on Thursday as Chairperson of the Governance and Administration Cluster, Minister Ramathlodi said the Public Service Commission’s NACH, which can be reached on 0800 701 701, continues to assist whistleblowers report corruption without fear of victimisation.

As at 31 August 2016, 18 076 cases had been referred to departments and feedback on 16 752 (93%) cases was received.

Of the total number of cases referred, 16 547 (92%) were closed.

“The closure rate underscores a commitment by departments to investigate allegations of corruption as reported through the NACH.

“Since the inception of the NACH, a total of 3 570 officials were found guilty of misconduct related to corrupt activities reported through it,” he said.

He said the types of sanctions against officials that were charged and found guilty of misconduct between 1 September 2004 and August 2016 include 1 694 officials who were dismissed from the Public Service; 438 officials who were fined; 133 officials who were demoted; 913 officials who were given final written warnings and 392 officials who were prosecuted.

Minister Ramathlodi said all senior managers in the public service are expected to disclose all their financial interests by 30 April of each year.

“The overall compliance rate by the due date in national and provincial departments was 98% in the 2015/16 financial year. This is an increase of 16% compliance in the current financial year as compared to 82% recorded during the previous financial year,” he said. – SAnews.gov.za