Delta Air Lines is warning customers of fraudulent emails purporting to be from them. The emails claim the recipient has purchased a Delta ticket, credit card has been charged, order has been completed or an invoice is attached to the email. These emails were not sent by Delta Air Lines. They recommend the following steps are taken:
- Change your SkyMiles account PIN immediately and monitor your account for any misuse.
- You should not click on the link in the email or open any attachments.
- Instead, you should delete the email from your inbox
How can you protect yourself?
- Do not to open any attachments
- Do not click on any links
- Delete the email from your inbox, and then delete it again from your trash or recycling folder
- Run a full system scan using reputable virus software
Article source: http://www.bbb.org/blog/2012/10/delta-phishing-scam/